It’s important – your privacy – and I respect it as
I would hope you and others would respect mine. Here’s what you need to know:
Date: May 23, 2018
My business, Bowdangles Horse Show Bows, sells and promotes products on the website www.bowdangleshorseshowbows.com through Etsy at www.bowdanglesshowbows.etsy.com and a Facebook Page titled Bowdangles Horse Show Bows.
- If I have acquired your email or phone number for home or business, I do not share it. It is used to communicate about an order you have placed or an inquiry you have made.
- I do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to other companies or individuals for the marketing of their own products or services.
- My marketing emails and newsletters are sent occasionally (very occasionally) but only if you have given me permission to use your email address. You are always able to unsubscribe from these mailings.
- All email and marketing are generated by me personally.
- For mailings (which are embarrassingly seldom) I use MailChimp from my personal computer or Outlook or Google Gmail. Being able to group a mailing by state (see 7 below) is a tremendous help to me and my customers. I can provide assistance, suggestions, encouragement – and some marketing – as important shows approach in a given location. I can only do that if I know in which state my customers reside. Also, being a small independent business, I can only offer promotions and sales to small audiences. i.e. if I have a large response to large mailing, I cannot give you the individual attention that I am known for.
- I do not use text marketing or Facebook Messenger for promotion. Nor do I place ads on Facebook to send promotions to you, your friends, and friends of friends.
- In order to help me improve my marketing efforts, I save my customer’s mailing addresses. Doing this also helps when a package is lost, delayed, or returned to me, unopened, six months or later. Mailing addresses are not shared.
- If, in the process of completing an order for you, you have given me your child’s name, age, size, description, I might keep that information to help me make bows (or inscribe a bow box) that will be appropriate in size and design for your daughter. That information is not shared.
- If, in the process of completing your order, or after you have received your bows, you send me pictures of you or your child along with permission to share these pictures or use them for promotion, I will not use your or your child’s name or location. Presently, I post on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Etsy, my website, newsletter, and in other promotional pieces or flyers but am not limited to these locations. Pictures are posted only in places and in a manner that is of good taste. I am extremely selective and protective.
- I try to keep track of how many bows my customers order, what designs, and whether they have chosen elastic loops or clips, what special show they intend the bows for, information that helps me give better customer service.
- If you prefer that I not save any information I may have on you, email me at [email protected] and I will either not save or will delete it, if I do have anything and will do this within a one month period after receiving your request.
- If you would like to see what information I have gathered on you, email me at [email protected] and I will send it to you within a one month period after receiving your request.
- In order to complete your order in a timely manner, it works best for me if we exchange email addresses. The email address I provide my customer is one that is given to customers as an order is placed and is not shown here. Technology is great until there’s a glitch and direct email between me and the customer to this address works best for me. If you are uncomfortable with that, I respect that and will communicate with you through the Etsy convo system if ordering through Etsy. I just ask for your patience because convos are slower on my end, conversations not linked through all my devices.
- I have been advised that placing cookies and using tracking would best increase my sales and marketing efforts. It would be wise to know which products, photographs, descriptions are enticing potential customers. Just imagine what I could do with this knowledge! But I pride myself on relationships with my customers and the customer service I offer. Therefore, I rely on my customers to “spread the word” about me and Bowdangles Horse Show Bows and am grateful to them and you for being generous with your time and energy (because there is no compensation for this) when sharing, circulating and or displaying business cards and flyers.
- If I am required by law (e.g. to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or legal process served) or when disclosure is believed necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect our safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request, I will disclose information to a responsible law enforcement or legal representative.
- If I am requested by PayPal, Etsy, or a financial institution, or billing agent, to provide information (such as email or address or product sales information) that will assist in the payment of an existing account, I will do so.
- I use the Etsy payment system and PayPal on my Etsy site and website. Payments are handled through Etsy and PayPal. I do not use or collect any of the following information: credit card or debit cards, including the last four digits of these; bank account information, social security numbers, or tax identification numbers.
- My website and Etsy shop, contain social media buttons and widgets. These features may collect your IP addresses. They may also set a cookie. These social media features are not hosted by me and I have no control over them.
- I do not solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. When I am contacted by a child (and I’m aware of it), in my reply I ask them to inform their parent of our conversation. If possible, I contact the parent directly. I do not offer an Ambassador program.
- I strive to protect the personal information submitted to me both during transmission and once we receive it; however, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While I take into account the sensitivity of the personal information I may collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures to promote your personal information, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- I will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary (generally 7 years) to fulfill the purposes it was collected for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements we may be subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
- I may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf in order to fulfill the services you request from us. These include third parties which host my Etsy shop or website, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for me, process payments on my behalf, ship your orders. We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
- I maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you have provided me. Your personal information is limited to me and my husband.
- If you have any questions, please contact me.
Thanks for reading. It’s long and, I’m told, necessary. I just wish that wasn’t so.
Elaine Moore, Bowdangles Horse Show Bows